Best Online Casinos in Ireland
Ireland’s national betting laws do not prohibit online casinos. It allows locally based Irish licensed online casino providers, as well as those offshore, such as Malta, Gibraltar and the Isle of Man.
In recent years, like other European countries, the demand for gaming services and online betting, has been growing in the Republic of Ireland. Hence the need for appropriate regulations that correspond to that contemporary demand.
With recent changes being proposed for Ireland’s regulatory environment, we have chosen the best online casinos for Irish players.
Top 11 Online Casinos for Irish VIP Players
What to Look for in the top online casinos in Ireland?
- Attractive VIP bonus packages for high rollers
- UK Gambling licence
- Live dealer and live casino games
- Attractive welcome bonus with low wagering requirements
- Variety of casino games and software providers
VIPs and Highrollers at Online Casinos in Ireland
There is a large number of VIP casino high rollers in Ireland, which is why the amount of casino providers has increased, plus more attention from the government.
Below you can find our three most recommended casinos for high rollers, where you can safely play without any worries.
We have invested a lot of time finding you the best Irish online casino for VIPs in this review, guaranteeing you to save time looking in this saturated sector. We have made this list to prevent any headaches on your end.
3 Most Recommended Irish Casino Sites
Irish VIP Casino Players: What You Need to Know!
As we have already seen, online casinos in Ireland are not currently heavily regulated. This has both its pros and cons. The positive side is that Irish players can access a large number of international casino operators.
However, the negative part is that there are no current safety measures by the Irish Government. This helps to know whether the online betting providers are totally safe in Ireland. But then again, that is why we only recommend you to play at casinos with a UKGC licence.
Given this situation, our recommendations for players residing in Ireland are to:
- Play at reputable casinos with a UK gambling licence, eCOGRA certification, plus even another licence from Malta or Gibraltar
- Check your browser reputation on the casino’s pages
- Go to reliable forums to inform yourself on the experiences of other users
- The casino uses alternative payment methods, such as credit cards, and most importantly PayPal
- Play at casinos that are available in English
- Offers a first deposit bonus, no deposit bonus or welcome offers
- Mobile casino compatibility
Likewise, Casino Deal also recommends that before you start playing in an online casino, be sure that it accepts Irish players and that their bonuses and promotions are valid for players from Ireland. If you follow all of our recommendations on this page, you can play safely and surely.
VIP High Roller benefits at Irish Online Casinos
Reaching the status of VIP High Roller can not only be comforting but can also bring certain privileges from an online casino’s loyalty program.
The VIP high roller status ensures significant benefits for every Irish player. VIP players in Ireland can use many beneficial features that are not available to players with normal status. These include:
- Access to information that is not available to other players. For example, details about future promotions or tournaments will be available to VIPs first
- Access to closed tournaments under individual conditions
- The more you play, the better and more solid your VIP status is within the casino’s loyalty program
- Access to dedicated VIP bonuses, promotions and other extras
- Dedicated customer support manager
- Reduced bets
- Cash prizes and expensive gifts
- The ability to withdraw large sums of money in a short time
Irish VIP Online Casino Players, Stand Out From the Rest
The casino management always tries to please its high roller customers with privileges. I’m sure you’ll agree, that it’s much nicer to play with a little more features compared to other players. Who will give up increased bonuses or info about upcoming action?
But that’s not all. In addition to all these reasons, there are cases where players with VIP status receive honourable gifts from the casino. These include free travel tours in different countries and resorts or even new cars.
This is a clear confirmation of high roller status. These material rewards can level the bitterness of losses and enhance the taste of victory.
Depending on what type of online casino you visit, the bonus will be determined for the particular customer and the possibility of getting it. In some casinos, VIP status is similar to unrestricted power.
Customers with this status can get tips from online casinos during gameplay and also use the deposit accounts offered by the casino. Others are a bit simpler about VIP status.
They improve the conditions for VIP customers only. There are even raffles among VIP players with expensive prizes like cars or travel packages.
Good News for Irish VIP High Roller Casino Players!
Currently, Ireland has incredibly relaxed laws on online gaming and favourable betting revenue taxes for residents. As an Irish casino player, you are required to pay 2% tax on your casino winnings, having increased from 1% in January 2019.
Although an overhaul in Ireland’s betting sector has and will continue to occur, it still has some of the best conditions in the world.
However, although we see many benefits to Ireland’s low taxes, some have opposed the change. For example, Heuston, a former director of tax with the Paddy Power group, said “It could drive customers to black market operators who operate remotely and do not even pay the previous 1% rate of tax.”
With changes officially proposed by the Irish Government in regards to legislation and taxation, this increase in tax will aid in funding.
For example, there will be a lot of investment into responsible gambling and the protection of vulnerable gamblers and into the strategic development of the horse and greyhound sector.
The Rules and Regulations of Online Betting in Ireland
Online betting in Ireland is fully legalised. Here, horse racing and sports betting are very well developed. Bookmakers have been successfully operating in the country since the 18th century.
The casino industry is formed by semi-legal private clubs that offer games of chance. The land-based market in Ireland (excluding casinos), provides a gross annual revenue of over 2 billion euros. Most of those that offer bets, provide around one billion euros of gross income.
Then, there are casinos that generate more than 200 million euros a year. Different areas of betting are regulated by different agencies. For example, Office of the Regulator of the National Lottery is responsible for the national lottery.
The Department of Justice and Equality deals with the fairness of physical bets and online betting & casinos.
The Republic of Ireland is currently in the process of creating a new gambling regulatory authority for both land-based and online betting companies.
This will encompass licensing and local regulation. Currently, Ireland’s gambling authority is seeking to modernise its market, firstly by creating this independent Irish regulatory authority. It will provide licences to operators seeking to operate and offer services in Ireland.
It will also be able to fine and suspend operators. On top of this, an investment in local responsible gambling organisations would be made possible.
The above proposal for Ireland would represent them in the European Union for the cooperation against match-fixing and money laundering.
The Laws of Ireland’s Gaming Sector
The best-known sectors in Ireland is casino gaming and betting. The activities of betting are regulated in Irish legislation through the Betting Acts of 1931, modified in 2015.
The amendment of 2015, states that players in Ireland are fully allowed to play in any online casino. The totaliser is regulated by the Totalisator Act 1929 and is a state monopoly. Games and lotteries (except the National one) are subject to the Gaming and Lotteries Act 1956, modified in 2013.
The laws of Gaming in Ireland are old for the times and need a reform, as explained above. The Government has been addressing this issue since 2013. All online casino operators in Ireland pay taxes on their revenue.
Rest assured, that you as a player, are fully protected and legal to play in Ireland. As we have already mentioned, The Department of Justice and Equality deals with the fairness of physical bets and online betting & casinos.
As a government entity, it has a social and public commitment, together with the Government. Its main tasks and objectives include:
- Managing fairness in casino games of chance
- Contributing to state revenue
- Promoting and supervising activities related to betting
- Combating illegal betting practices
Choosing the Top Online Casino Sites in Ireland
There are a number of things to consider when choosing an online casino to wager at. Before registering, the following points can be used as a checklist to assist your decision making process. There are also safety measure that should be considered too.
Trust and Security
Alongside, licences and reputability, an online casino must have good customer support. A guarantee of security are casino licences, first and foremost by the UKGC, followed by Malta and Gibraltar.
A casino with an efficient customer support team, indicates how much they value their players, that includes yourself. A 24/7 live chat with phone support is ideal. Any awards and certificates are also a bonus towards the trustworthy of an online casino.
PayPal and Other Payment Methods
Firstly, currency must be in Euros. Let’s face it, conversion fees are an unnecessary cost. Followed by SSL protected payments. A credit card is fine, but the safety and security of PayPal is unmatched.
No user details are shared and the player is fully protected. PayPal online casinos accept players from Ireland. There are also other options such as Skrill, Neteller and Paysafecard.
The more software providers, the better it is for the player. However, it is important that new games are added to the casino. The games should be mobile compatible, user friendly and with reasonable RTPs.
Promotions & Bonuses
Welcome bonus and registrations bonus are just the beginning. Ongoing bonuses are important, as they are an indicator of how much a casino wants to engage and entertain there players. Ultimately, you are there to win.
Low wagering requirements and winning means having fun. As a real money players, that’s the importance of playing at online casinos.
A welcome bonus, aka first deposit bonus, is important to players all over the world, not only Ireland. All of the online casinos that we have recommended on this page, consider Irish casino players the same as UK players.
They all have a welcome bonus that includes free spins and/or a first deposit bonus, available to players in Ireland.
PayPal Has The Safest Online Casino Sites in Ireland
PayPal is one of the most popular payment methods in Ireland and especially in regards to online gaming. Online PayPal casino sites protect all of the player’s personal details, in fact, it offers the highest grade of security for buyers with the excessive fees and costs.
PayPal online casinos are highly recommended, especially due to it allowing transactions to and from the player’s PayPal account. Below you can find the best Irish online casinos that accept PayPal deposits and withdrawals.
Other Payment Methods Popular for Irish Casino Players
There are a number of payment methods that Irish casino players favour, which we also really recommend. Among these, most importantly, are casino’s with Skrill and Neteller eWallets.
Both Skrill and Neteller are very popular in Ireland for their ease of use, security, quick processing times and the ability to deposit and withdraw.
The Best Casino Game Providers in Ireland
The top online casino sites, use only the best casino software providers in Ireland (and the UK). We consider those to be:
- NetEnt – Arguably, the best casino game provider in Ireland. They have licences in a number of regulated markets and currently entertain Irish players with jackpot classics such as Starburst and Gonzo’s Quest. Fully mobile casino compatible, NetEnt are innovative and futuristic.
- Microgaming – Founded in 1994, Microgaming has developed progressive jackpot games, such as Mega Moolah, that has continued to smash world record jackpot winnings.
- Playtech – Founded in 1999, Playtech supplies the Irish online betting industry with an extensive portfolio of casino games, such as sports, bingo, poker, slots and table games.
- Evolution Gaming – Founded in 2006, Evolution Gaming provides Irish players with the best online live casino and live dealer entertainment. Having developed the world’s largest range of live casino games, Evolution Gaming holds a number of EGR awards.
The best online casinos in the UK, will most likely offer free spins on the Starburst slot in their welcome bonus, no deposit bonus and even VIP bonuses. And if you’re wondering who developed the legendary Starburst slot game, NetEnt is the answer.
Popular Casino Slots & Live Casino Table Games in Ireland
Live casino table games offer excellent entertainment from the comfort of home. These games are on a table with a live dealer or croupier. More than half of Irish online casino players prefer to invest their time and money into live casino table games.
These players enjoy strategic tables games, such as, baccarat, blackjack, roulette, craps and Caribbean stud poker.
In Ireland, the most popular online slot games are:
- Age of the Gods ‘King of Olympus’: An online slot game from Playtech. It has 5 reels and 25 pay lines. Gives the opportunity to get free spins with multipliers and additional Wild symbols, as well as one of the four progressive jackpots.
- White King: Another 5-reel online slot game from Playtech with 40 paylines. There is an opportunity to get free spins with special Wild symbols.
- Luck O’ The Irish: A five-reel, 40-line WGS slot. There is an opportunity to get free spins with special Wild symbols.
- Stardust: A Microgaming slot machine. It consists of 5 reels and 40 lines. As the game progresses the user collects 10 gems to get free spins. Free spins offer 1024 ways to win. There is an opportunity to obtain repetition of plays.
- Goldwyn’s Fairies: A five-reel online slot game from Microgaming. It has 20 lines, three Wild symbols, repeated plays and free spins.