Best Online Casinos in Jersey
You’ll probably agree that some of the best online casinos in Jersey are generating a lot of attention, especially considering the Channel Islands’ appealing tax legislation and gambling restrictions.
We’ve selected the best Jersey casinos that look after their customers and have worthwhile and valuable casino Welcome Offers and VIP High Roller Offers.
We also delve into any relevant Jersey regulations that you need to be aware of, the top slots and tables in the UK and popular payment methods, such as PayPal.
Top 9 Online Casinos for Jersey VIP Players
What Makes Jersey Casinos Attractive for VIP Highrollers
Jersey is usually considered to be a hot zone for businesses looking for tax breaks, which kicked off back in the 1950s when the lightbulb moment struck and people realised, they could save a fortune by becoming Jersey residents and taking advantage of their lucrative tax brackets.
Come 2008, businesses operating in Jersey became exempt from all taxes. There are some exceptions, particularly for financial service corporations and utility companies; however, this highly appealing factor can’t be ignored.
This also extends into personal tax affairs, with the maximum rate for personal tax being 20%, which is half the UK’s maximum rate of 40%. With this in mind, you can take advantage as a VIP high roller of the online casinos in Jersey.
Choosing the Top Online Casinos in Jersey
Not all online casinos are going to be worthy of your attention, especially when you consider poor RTP rates and high wagering requirements across many games; something we know that VIP high rollers like yourselves are going to want to skip.
Here’s our focus list when choosing the top online casinos in Jersey:
- VIP casino bonus offers
- Welcome offers
- Deposit bonuses
- Reliable service, including the software and game design quality
- Live gaming and mobile gaming
The Online VIP High Rollers of Jersey
Along with the other Channel Islands, it’s not too much of a statement to say that Jersey contains one of the highest concentrations of VIP online gamblers in Europe, if not the world (ignoring the steaming amount of casino activity that goes on in Vegas).
Why is this?
Again, it’s mainly due to the Jersey Gambling Commission’s rules and regulations not being as restrictive as other locations, as well as the highly favourable tax laws in place.
This has made it slightly easier to whittle the Jersey online casinos down to the below shortlist, which features the bonus offers along with their T&Cs, wagering requirements and anything else you need to be aware of.
Some Tips For VIP Online Casino Players in Jersey
The less-restrictive Jersey gambling regulations do come with slight risks, though, and you need to ensure that you keep certain factors in mind. From a personal online betting point of view:
- Bank management
- Your current frame of mind
Top VIP high rollers will use a staking plan and go into each gaming session with a bank and a staking plan in mind. In fact, this is something all gamblers should practice. This ensures that losses aren’t chased and there’s a clear exit strategy.
This links in well with framing your mental game when using the top online casinos. If you’re feeling tired, emotional, or have any money worries, refrain from any form of online betting until you’re in a better position.
- Ensure you are using popular and mainstream online casinos
- Do your research—we’ve taken the legwork away from you with our reviews, but be sure to check you’re happy with the site you’re using
- Be sure to play with a Jersey regulated online casino; this is important for your own protection
- Check the different payment options with the casino. For example, bank deposit, PayPal, Skrill, etc. before you register an account—this will save you a lot of time.
The above might not seem like rocket science, but they’re important factors to keep in mind. Of final note, be sure to double-check that any bonuses and VIP statuses apply specifically to Jersey residents; the last thing you want is to push for VIP with an online casino to find it doesn’t apply.
The Importance of Being a VIP in Jersey
There’s definitely a certain sense of pride within the online casino industry when you achieve VIP status. Despite it being easier to achieve when compared to traditional physical casinos, it’s nothing to be scoffed at.
Regular deposits and regular playing will flag your account quicker than taking the welcome bonus, completing the wagering and then packing up and not logging in again. So, while it takes time and dedication to hit VIP, the rewards can be extremely fruitful.
Jersey VIP Online Casino Players
If you haven’t considered reaching the lofty status of being a VIP high roller in Jersey, there are certain factors that might make you think differently. These are:
- Unique bonuses and promotions
- Faster withdrawals
- Premium customer service – usually with a personal manager
- Cash prizes and gifts
- Invitations to private and elite games and tournaments/competitions
Just as with any business, preferential customers (which in your case is as a VIP) are going to attract closer attention from casino management. And this is in a good way, of course. Online casinos will go to lengths to make you feel wanted and treasured as their customer.
They’re going to be offering you more deposit bonuses and reduced wagering requirements (if any!) when compared to a regular customer, but you can also smile at the thought of being considered a VIP high roller in Jersey, one of the most popular online betting locations on the planet.
Jersey online casinos are also known for offering their customers non-casino related rewards such as free gifts and the chance to win tickets to red carpet events and exclusive entertainment packages.
It’s always nice to receive instant replies from customer service lines and your withdrawals being processed immediately rather than needing further identification; something we know to be a serious burden for online casino customers.
Staying Within the Law of Online Gambling in Jersey
The Jersey Gambling Commission is the operating body of the island, having been established in 2010. Since Jersey forms part of the UK, when it comes to registering for online casinos, players are included if they are a resident of the UK.
It is a legal requirement that all remote betting operators (which includes online casinos) acquire a Remote Operators Licence from the Commission. They must also register with the Jersey Financial Services Commission.
However, it is important to note that anyone who is a resident of Jersey, thus the UK, can play at any online casino that’s licensed by the UK Gambling Commission. The UKGC is the most trusted and reputable gambling licence in the UK, and the world.
Players can rest assured that this licence is a seal of quality. For VIP high rollers, you might want to ensure that you check to see if the online casino holds a UKGC licence. This is something they must display on their site.
The Jersey Gambling Commission does have a list of the current licensees. Interestingly though, thrift clubs seem to be incredibly popular in Jersey, as opposed to there only being six registered bookmakers and six remote operators.
It is for this reason, the most important license is that of the UK Gambling Commission.
Legislation of Jersey’s Gaming Sector
Despite Jersey’s active encouragement (or so it seems) of online casinos, the good news for you, as a player, is that Player Protection Legislation is in place.
This is very important for you since it means that licensees must set out in their terms and conditions, whether or not they protect your funds in the event of insolvency. This is underpinned by two pieces of legislation in Jersey: Gambling Commission (Jersey) Law 2010 and the Gambling (Jersey) Law 2012.
Although it seems odd that these have only been established recently, their remits previously fell under the State. Currently, the Gambling Commission’s main duties are to:
- Supervise the providers of betting services
- Investigation of whether a person is contravening or committing an offence in relation to betting, and to ensure compliance
- Protect children and vulnerable persons from addiction to betting
- Assist those who might have been affected by excessive betting
How to Choose the Best Online Gambling Sites in Jersey
We highly recommend that you ensure the below points are ticked before you even think about registering with an online casino in Jersey:
- Reputation and registration
- Promotions and bonuses
- Accepted payment methods
Let’s look at these in more detail…
Reputation and Registration
Try and stick to the main, well-known and, more importantly, licensed casinos. These will happily offer up their registration information on their website, as well as mention any awards and accolades they hold.
Look out for registration with:
- UK Gambling Commission; and
- Jersey Gambling Commission
Ask your peers who they use. Sometimes you can’t beat word of mouth suggestions, and at the top of their comments is potentially excellent customer service, preferably live 24/7 support. Those we’ve featured on this page are considered to have all of these requirements in place!
Be aware though that many online providers are outsourcing their customer support overseas, which can prove to be frustrating, so ensure you check this out.
Promotions and Bonuses
Once you know that an online casino is legitimate and is well-established, delve into their bonuses and promotions, especially these:
- Welcome bonus
- Deposit bonuses
- VIP bonuses
Try and see past just the welcome bonuses. You should be targeting VIP status, and so knowing what tasty treats might open up to you is important.
Within these bonuses, be sure to not fall into the trap of ignoring wagering requirements. If they’re excessive, then this will greatly reduce the positive EV (expected value) of the offer, potentially rendering it negative or worthless. Your time is important!
Jersey’s various bonus offerings don’t vary from other big European betting countries, primarily since Jersey is part of the UK.
It’s also important to remember that Jersey is highly popular due to its beneficial tax laws, encouraging more and more trade and online activity since the online betting industry really took flight.
PayPal and Other Payment Methods
Be sure that all your transactions are done in either GBP or the Jersey Pound. Using foreign currency accounts are a pain since they will likely need extra verification, delayed processing times and fees.
Although direct bank deposit and transfers are the most common, where possible you should look to use casinos that accept PayPal deposits, primarily for its speed and security. Other commonly accepted methods of payment include:
Below are a select few of the best online casinos in Jersey that accept PayPal. PayPal provides a greater level of security than using your current account card does, as well as faster withdrawal times.
PayPal also naturally protects all registration details; something to not ignore in a world where bank account fraud seems to be prevalent. Anyway, here are our top five PayPal casino sites:
The Most Popular Software Providers in Jersey
The serious online casino providers will utilise the very best software for their games. This ensures you a smooth and fast gaming experience, with no worries about a game crashing and you potentially losing funds or missing out on a jackpot.
Here’s what we consider to be the best casino software providers:
- NetEnt – You will likely see that the majority of bonus wagering is done on their popular Starburst game. Although NetEnt has a 95% to 98% RTP range for their games, Starburst isn’t the most popular, probably since it’s at the lower end of the range. Their games are fun and fast, though!
- Playtech is probably most known for its deal with Marvel to provide slots under their IP. There’s something awesome about spinning through a superhero slot! Playtech has also branched out into sports and deals with leading casinos.
- Microgaming – They’ve done pretty well to fend off the newcomers and still have hundreds of popular games to their name, including progressive jackpot networks and games spreading over 24 languages.
Popular Casino Slots & Live Casino Table Games in Jersey
There are thousands of slots games available for online gamblers in Jersey, whether that’s from a PC at home or if you’re one of those that have shifted towards mobile casino gaming.
Whether or not slots have a high RTP and progressive jackpots (if jackpots at all) is something else, yet these few online slot games are highly popular in Jersey:
- Gonzo’s Quest – It’s crazy to think this NetEnt slot has been around since 2010 but is still one of the most popular slots in existence. Its RTP is 96% and has an automatic bonus feature. You’ll find that wagering requirements are often carried out on this slot.
- Starburst – It’s one of those slots that we all love and hate at the same time. The love is because it’s a 2012 classic. The hate comes because it’s used far too often for wagering and for free spins promotions, but it’s still a fun to play NetEnt slot.
- Playtech’s “A Night Out” slot has an RTP of 97.06% and a maximum bet of £200. The good thing about this online slot is that the paylines aren’t fixed, so you can choose which ones you want to activate.
- Microgaming doesn’t have as many well-known slots as the other providers, although Avalon II does prove to be popular; this is largely due to its RTP of 97%, 243 paylines and 8 bonus games featuring free spins, multipliers and coins.