Best Casinos in Northern Ireland
Despite Northern Ireland’s betting laws being considered as out of date, online betting is perfectly legal in Northern Ireland. Perfect for VIP high rollers! And so we’re here to review the best online casinos in Northern Ireland.
We take a look at tips and tricks to look out for when choosing an online casino, the best welcome offers and VIP bonuses, and everything else you should be aware of when it comes to online betting in Northern Ireland.
Top 9 Online Casinos for Northern Ireland VIP Players
Let’s start off with a summary of Northern Ireland’s best online casinos: the operator, specific welcome bonuses, wagering requirements and a helpful rating. Here’s the table:
VIP High Rollers and Northern Ireland Online Casinos
Betting in Northern Ireland has never been a ship that’s smoothly sailed out of port. Over the past decade, there has been heavy resistance in the erection of physical casinos in Northern Ireland; resistance that has existed to protect the negative effects that can derive from betting.
While there is leverage to this argument, there are also counters; many, many counters. Luckily though, online betting hasn’t met as many barriers—thank you, Mr Internet!
As a casino VIP high roller in Northern Ireland, you have access to the very best of the online casinos. In fact, none of them is actually Northern Ireland casinos anyway, so any laws specific to the region do not prohibit you from achieving VIP status in some of the best online casinos the world has to offer.
What Do The Top Online Casinos in Northern Ireland Have?
We have a very specific shortlist of things we look for when picking out the top Northern Ireland online casinos:
- A registered licence. Without this, we don’t consider them and neither should you (Preferably a UKGC licence).
- Worthwhile VIP bonuses
- Live games
- Attractive welcome and deposit bonuses
- Reliable software
Online Casinos and their VIP Program In Northern Ireland
The Northern Irish VIP high roller market is a popular place to be, largely due to the resistance from the state. This has forced high rollers to the online marketplace and opened up access to all the online casinos that the UK and rest of the world has to offer.
If it’s the VIP casino life that you’re really looking for, we’ve whittled down our top online casino list down to this shortlist:
Tips for Northern Ireland VIP Casino Players
Now that you know what the best of the best are, how should you go about investing your funds and time into these VIP casinos? Is there anything else you need to be aware of before registering and spinning those online slots to trigger your casino welcome bonus?
We advise that you take the following factors into account when choosing an online casino in Northern Ireland:
- Ensure the bonuses are available for Northern Ireland. Chances are they will be, but just make sure that Northern Ireland is not in the terms and conditions.
- English (or a language you speak) is their standard language. There’s no point registering for a French casino when you don’t speak the language, nor if they don’t have a translation or English option. Just stick to the English sites!
- Bonuses are on offer i.e. welcome bonuses, no deposit and deposit bonuses, and VIP bonuses
- That the casino holds a valid UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) licence. This ensures that the casino has been vetted by the most stringent department in the world. Additionally, you could look for Malta or Gibraltar licences.
- The online casino’s software is compatible on your mobile device. Do they have an app or can your phone’s browser handle the website?
VIP Highroller in Northern Irish Online Casinos
Aside from the feeling of being recognised as a VIP high roller, your account triggering this status will also open up a host of other benefits; ones that are rare to the average punter. Some of these might include:
- Customised VIP offers with reduced wagering requirements
- General reduced wagering for other bonuses
- No deposit bonuses
- Further VIP treatment outside of the betting site i.e. award ceremonies, dinners etc.
- Dedicated customer support line
- Faster withdrawal times
- No limits on withdrawal amounts
- Top slots & table games
Since you’ll be rolling with many other online gamblers from Europe, and utilising the best slot sites for winning jackpots and lots of money, having your account as a VIP is very much achievable.
Nobody really knows what it takes exactly to become a VIP, but we do know that a combination of regular deposits and consistent use of slots, tables and games definitely makes the difference. The ultimate decision will likely be down to casino management, but the rewards are definitely worth the effort.
Along the way, you’ll be able to utilise the usual bonuses, but once you reach VIP status, lavish gifts potentially await.
We’re talking travel packages, exclusive and VIP access to red carpet events, cars, tickets to sporting events (have you seen how many bookmakers and betting sites sponsor football clubs?), and many more.
Some sites will offer information on their bonuses plus incentives, whereas some might require you to ask their customer service. If you’re extremely lucky, you may even get a cheeky customer service agent who hints at how to achieve VIP status.
So, yes, establishing yourself as a VIP high roller is ultimately worth the effort and journey.
The Rules and Regulations of Online Gambling in Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland is probably more well-known for its established horse racing betting markets, with courses such as Down Royal and Downpatrick being especially popular. Sadly, the casino market is less affluent. This is for no other reason than physical casinos not being allowed in Northern Ireland.
This is somewhat confusing considering that Northern Ireland is part of the UK, where physical casinos are allowed. Considering bookmakers and betting, in general, are permitted, this adds to the confusion.
Despite being considered as within the UK, Northern Ireland’s law when it comes to betting is covered by The Betting, Gaming, Lotteries and Amusements (Northern Ireland) Order 1985.
As you might have guessed by the date, this is a very much outdated piece of legislation, which critics say is in dire need of reform.
The good news is that online casinos haven’t suffered the same fate as their physical counterparts. As a Northern Irish resident, you have free access to some of the top Ireland online casinos, with all of the major top casinos accepting players from Northern Ireland.
As a player in Northern Ireland you are protected by both the UK Gambling Commission and The Betting, Gaming, Lotteries and Amusements (Northern Ireland) Order 1985.
Legislation of Northern Ireland’s Gaming Sector
In order to operate within the gaming sector in Northern Ireland, the individual or entity needs to obtain a licence from the above-mentioned Order of 1985. If you come across any business that doesn’t possess this licence, they should be reported and you should not register with them.
This specifically relates only if the equipment that they possess is located within the Northern Ireland borders, in which case they need a ‘premises licence’.
The current legislation doesn’t actually cover online gaming as such, and so it is flimsily covered by the antiquated legislation of 1985, which hasn’t been heavily amended since. Even so, you are breaking the law if you carry out gaming activity with an unlicensed operator.
However, for this reason most online casinos do not operate from within Northern Ireland. Players can play at casinos based abroad and preferably licensed by the UKGC.
Picking the Top Online Casino Sites in Northern Ireland 2023
Numerous factors come into play when deciding on which casino to drop your money into. The below are what we consider to be the most important factors to take into account:
- Legality – All online casinos should display their licence on their site, or at least be able to provide it. If they don’t have one, they are operating illegally and you should stay away.
- Reputation – We only feature the very best but you should always do your own research too. You’ve likely heard the horror stories about people depositing large sums of cash into casinos and bookies. There is always a risk, so ensure that you only play with the very best.
- Bonuses – Obviously as a VIP you’re wanting worthwhile & valuable bonuses and rewards. Each online casino will likely have a dedicated section where they list the bonuses and rewards on offer. It’s always a good idea to browse through these.
- Customer support – Live chat is something that’s expected for any business. So many online casinos will operate with one, and even if they don’t, they’ll have a responsive and high-quality customer support department.
- Alternative payments – Although all casinos will accept debit card transactions, PayPal is becoming more and more popular due to its inherent safety mechanisms and its instant withdrawal times. Skrill and Neteller are also alternative eWallet options to look out for.
Northern Irish Online Casinos That Accept PayPal
You’ll find that most gamblers prefer to use PayPal rather than the old school method of using your direct bank account. Despite the internet’s age, online safety continues to be a matter of some concern, which is where PayPal steps in, adding an extra layer of security and peace of mind for online casino goers.
The best online casino sites that accept PayPal for deposits and withdrawals are:
The Most Popular Casino Providers in Northern Ireland
Most gamblers don’t take into account the casino software providers that drive the best online games. Why would they? If the casino accepts your money and pays out when it’s supposed to, does it matter?
Well, yes. The quality of the online betting platforms that casinos use is vitally important when choosing a casino to gamble with. The serious casinos will only work with the best. These are:
- Play’n GO
- Evolution Gaming
If a casino uses any of the above, you know you’re in good hands. New betting sites will look to compete with the already-established best and so should also be using the best software tools too. Be aware of this if a site appears to be new to the market.
Popular Games in Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland is no different to any other UK country when it comes to the most popular slots and live casino table games. All the major bookies and casinos will feature the run of the mill likes of:
- Video Poker
Once you reach VIP status, you’ll likely have exclusive use of live tables with the very best croupiers. The popular slots are mainly dependent on the software that the casino uses. For example, NetEnt is the most widely used casino software provider. Its most popular games are:
- Guns N’ Roses Slot
- Gonzo’s Quest Slot
- Jackhammer Slot
- Starburst Slot – The majority of wagering for welcome bonuses tend to require spins on Starburst.
Be safe and have fun!